Herrrooo peeps! Apologies for my absence over the past couple of weeks, it has a bit crazy on my end recently. Nevertheless, I am back and have been trying to get my nonna on in the kitchen. So with little time on my hands, I quickly decided to whip up a bacon and prawn pasta dish.
So to whip up this super easy dish for two people, you basically need:
- Boil 1 litre of water and pour it into a large pot
- Add four handfuls of pasta and a couple of pinches of salt to the pot. You want to boil it for about 9 minutes.
- While that is bubbling away in the background, crush your garlic, peel your prawns and dice up your bacon.
- Chuck the bacon into a large pan with some olive oil and cook until it is slightly brown.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add it pan and stir away.
- In a separate pan, add in your garlic and once it is turning brown, throw in your prawns.
- Once all your prawns are cooked, add them to your large pan of pasta to combine it alllllllll together.
I know this is probably a no brainer of a dish but I just love simple cooking, especially when time is so scarce these days. With little time, I also try to cook healthier meals. Anddddd speaking of healthy cooking, I was introduced to Oliving by Hans who replace some of the saturated fat in their products with olive oil as inspired by the Mediterranean diet. We all love bacon, because bacon but I am also a huge fan of olive oil so it is a win win situation.
|Oliving by hans range of products|
Competition closes 9 pm AEST on the 2nd of November 2014 and is available to anyone within Australia.
Good luck everyone!
Ps - here is a short video of Jason from the Simple cooking channel of the night. Don't mind me errr nibbling away.. I couldn't help myself, it was like right in front of me....